Cycle to Work is a government backed salary sacrifice scheme available to PAYE employees in the UK. It is aimed at making cycling more affordable and accessible for commuters and leisure riders. It's a simple process to complete, which will help you save up to 42% on a frame or full build of your choce.
What is Cyclescheme? from Cyclescheme Ltd on Vimeo.
A change in legislation has now removed the £1,000 limit under the Governments Cycle to Work initiative meaning that your employer can apply for a higher or even unlimited Cycle to Work limit.
The actual scheme is done through your employer and involves minimal work on their part. The process can be simplified as:
- Employer signs employees up to the scheme
- You ask us for a quote on a full build or frame only option
- Employees give this to their employer
- Employer gives the go ahead and contacts the cycle to work provider accordingly
- Cycle to Work provider issues employer with an invoice for all the bikes
- Employer pays invoice
- Cycle to Work provider issue employees with a voucher
- You send the voucher to us
- Employer technically owns the purchases for 3 years so don't sell them / lose them / abuse them as some employers have asked for them back!
- After 3 years the purchases are yours (sometimes subject to a minimal fee)
Currently we work only with https://www.cyclescheme.co.uk/ but we will be expanding to other schemes in the near future
With a Cycle to work voucher the we pay a huge commission on cashing in that voucher so we cannot offer frames with any discounts, throw ins or additional part that we would normally use to sweeten the deal.
We are happy to have you top up a voucher if it doesn't cover your full purchase value.